VCI WRP 657 is an environmentally friendly water based coating to be applied on parts and equipment which require very high corrosion resistance in humid conditions.
VCI WRP 657 is a single pack polymer coating which is water based and solvent free, hence, an ecofriendly option for a clear coat compared to solvent based two pack or single back systems.
The water based coating is non-toxic, without VOC, and forms a tack free transparent surface upon drying. The coating can be used on all kinds of metal surfaces, brass as well as on coated surfaces such as phosphate, plated or surfaces with black oxide layer on them.
Drying time usually is 15-30 minutes at room temperature. The color during application of the product is white and upon drying forms a fully transparent coat.
Vapor phase action provides protection to areas that contact inhibitors cannot reach and are active in the content of the solution in a high percentage to provide a very long corrosion prevention life.
- Easy to use by brush or dipping.
- Provides long term protection in the open environment
- Highly hydrophobic and repels water if it comes in contact
- Can be used as an underbody coating for vehicles, machineries
- Resistant to melting at up to 80C & so can be used even in process equipment where high temperatures are involved
- Protects parts for up to 2 years in open environment and up to 5 years indoor
- Fast-drying, non-flammable
- UV resistant when dried
- Forms non-flammable, protective barrier
- Optimal outdoor performance
- Clear coating allows visual inspection of metal substrate
- Available in standard and custom colors
- Standard version is a Transparent Solution
- Multimetal protection
- Does not contain free amines
- Environmentally friendly
- Provides long term corrosion inhibition for metals, wood, plastics or non-metals.
|ASTM D 1298
|Water by % (by weight)
|Salt Spray Test (2 mil/50 microns)
|ASTM B 117
|Humidity Chamber Test (2 mil/50 ,microns)
|ASTM B 1748
|ASTM D 1298
|Dry film thickness
|25-75 microons (1-3 mils)
|Wet film thickness
|50-200 microns(2-8 mils)
|Up to Years
|Density kg/m³ @ 15.6 °C
|Viscosity cSt @ 100° C
|Flash Point °C
|Melting r Pour Point °C
|Approx coverage M/2 L
|Method of application
|By brush or dip