Water may be part of various processes such as Leak Testing, Metal Working Fluids, Quenching, Heat Treatment, Washing, etc. Remnants of water may cause corrosion of metal.
VCI 4500 is a water soluble rust preventive agent which can be added to water between 0.5%-5% concentration depending upon the usage for prevention of corrosion on metallic parts and period of life.
This can be used as a leak testing additive, can be added to re-circulate cooling water, boilers, heat exchangers, cutting oil tanks and any other water systems to avoid corrosion caused by water. This can also be added to pipelines during layup and makes the water work as a rust preventive.
The product can be easily tested by adding 5% in water and keeping a metal part submerged in this water and comparing to another beaker with a similar metal part submerged but without VCI 4500.
Within 2-3 hours the results can be seen and the metal part in water having 2-5% VCI 4500 concentration will never rust even for months compared to the one submerged in normal water. The product is suitable for tap water, distilled water, RO water. Suitable only for ferrous metals.
- Easy to use
- Environmentally friendly
- Provides long term corrosion inhibition
- Free from nitrites and nitrates
- Suitable for closed pipelines and cooling systems
- Inhibitor for hydrostatic testing of pipelines, casings, tanks, and valves
- Inhibitor for packer fluid applications
- Corrosion protection in Paper industry water cooling and heating pipelines
- Mines, mining, and earth moving equipment
- Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor for plant lay-up application of cooling towers
- Leak testing and hydro testing additive
- Choke and Kill Manifolds corrosion prevention inside the pipeline
|Physical Properties||Test Method|
|Reactivity with Rubber||None|
|Reactivity with PVC||None
|Reactivity with Glycol||None|
|Effect on Carbon||None
|Cleaning before painting required||None|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.