Download our Technical Data Sheet Click Here...
RUST-X VCI 1325 is a heavy duty Rust Preventive which can be applied with a brush, dip or spray. The compound is highly active against corrosion under the most damaging environmental conditions and provides long term corrosion protection to the parts on which it is applied. The liquid is transparent / light brown upon application and does not darken the parts.
The VCI Liquid 1325 doesn’t solidify even after years of application. This therefore does not cause any dimensional changes on the part. The VCI 1325 is compatible with Engine, Hydraulic and Transmission fluids and does not need to be removed when the parts on which it is applied have to be assembled for Gear Boxes or Engines.
The Film is Self-Healing, which means that in an event of a scratch the fluid from the sides flows to rebuild the film over time with its displacing action. The VCI Liquid 1325 is tacky and stays on the surface and is not easily removed by handling and re-handling.
Alkalinity Reserve: The VCI 1325 molecules are highly hydrophobic and resist moisture or water to permeate through the formed layer hence protecting the metal from corrosion. The VCI 1325 is highly active against acidic fumes and provides excellent corrosion protection in the acidic environments such as pickling areas or sea humidity. The property of high alkalinity reserve allows for a heavy buffer against acidic fumes.
This can be used to protect structures, chemical plants and equipment that are intended for outdoor storage or are located in open areas and need protection. These can also be used to protection unpacked refinery equipment oil pipeline equipment and valves, off shore refinery parts which are not painted or coated and require protection or during the storage while commissioning, for lay-up during shut downs and also on heat exchangers, windmills and automotive. Due to a higher drop point of the VCI Liquid 1325 it can be used on the chemical plant and equipment which operates at elevated temperatures.
This can also be used to protect Defense Equipment and installations where extreme climatic conditions may have detrimental effect on the properties of the equipment e.g. on cannons, guns, artillery, launch vehicles etc.
- Easy to use by brush or hand application.
- Transparent upon application
- Liquid displaceable film, which does not dry and hence does not cause physical change in part dimensions.
- Protects parts for upto 5 years in packed
- Compatible with Engine and Transmission Lubricants and need not be removed during assembly
- Environment Friendly
- This can be used to protect structures, chemical plants and equipment that are intended for outdoor storage located in open areas and need protection.
- These can also be used to protection unpacked refinery equipment oil pipeline equipment and valves, off shore refinery parts which are not painted or coated and require protection or during the storage while commissioning, for lay-up during shut downs and also on heat exchangers, windmills and automotive.
- Can be used on the chemical plant and equipment which operates at elevated temperatures.
- This can also be used to protect Defense Equipment and installations
- It can be applied on machined surfaces of automotive equipment.
Physical Properties Test Method Value
Color Visual Amber Liquid
Freezing Point -20oC
Specific Gravity ASTM D 1298 0.98-1.03
Film Thickness (Depends 5-12 microns
upon application Or
method) 0.0002-0.0005 “
Viscosity 20-50 cSt
Flash Point ASTM D 92 80oC
Volatiles by % (by weight) >50%
Degreasability with solvents Passes
Humidity Protection ASTM D 1748 720 hours pass
(As Per Mil PRF 46002
Salt Spray Protection 200 hours +
Indoor Protection Life in 10 Years
Outdoor Protection Life in VCI packaging 5 Years
Outdoor Protection Life 2 -3 Years
Coverage (Depends upon
application method brush or dip)
Upto 10 sq meters/ltr
Indoor Protection Life (open)
Indoor protection life (packed)
Packaged Protection Life (In VCI Packaging)
Up to 5 Years